16 February 2013

What is love?

Today's Poem-a-day:

Sometimes with One I Love
by Walt Whitman
Sometimes with one I love I fill myself with rage for
   fear I effuse unreturn'd love,
But now I think there is no unreturn'd love, the pay
   is certain one way or another,
(I loved a certain person ardently and my love was
   not return'd,
Yet out of that I have written these songs.)


I wrote a prompt on 13 February 2013 at Imaginary Gardens with Real Toads that gave some variety to the traditional Valentine's Day. Some gorgeous poems reside there, including mine.  I am astonished to finally be finding so many positive images in a growing up time that I used to love to hate.  Walt Whitman expresses that, too, in his tiny poem above.  What a switch to learn that love is returned, noted, felt and moved, moving in return.



No comments: