Where does inspiration lie? Everywhere!

This is my attempt to pounce on and then shape the words I breathe.

Please join me with your comments and make this a dialogue . . . and visit Susan's Poetry!

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

God is Not a Man ~ The Color Purple Music Video




What a brilliant song!  Why didn't I listen to it before?

Jennifer Hudson & Cynthia Erivo



For years I heard about the God of man
but it took an Alice Walker to show
in her Color Purple over and over
that God is in me and all that I know.

The year was nineteen eighty-three
and now she’s here again singing to me—
thirty-three years later I still can see
the mystery her book made real for me:

All nature’s forms are filled with that of God
and visible to all who want to see
direct or through the artistry we share
with our creator who is always here.

I find my meters gallop strong tonight
and don’t think I’ll like them at break of day
yet I still trust nature’s indwelling Light
I found because a writer showed the way.  


Copyright © 2016 Susan L. Chast



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your story and/or respond to mine.