Where does inspiration lie? Everywhere!

This is my attempt to pounce on and then shape the words I breathe.

Please join me with your comments and make this a dialogue . . . and visit Susan's Poetry!

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Starting November with a Mindfulness Intention




I'm starting to meditate 5 minutes a day with Amanda Kemp again.  I started here:




I started here and let it move into the next meditation too.

My intention this month is to use this--or let this use me--as the starting point of a daily discipline of prayer which will include making some notes here.  Something is moving and changing within me--moving and changing on every level.  Here I want to acknowledge the rising and the falling of that--the Light and the Shadow of the move into presence and a different kind of living.  

It is not trite to say the American cliche "Today is the first day of the rest of my life" and with Buddha "Each morning we are born again.  It is what we do today that matters most."

I fall quite often.  Perhaps I have made an art of falling and an art of talking.  Here I will attempt an art of rising and of listening--getting up and hearing.  Mindfulness is being present.  Assertion of self was necessary to earn a living against all odds and to have earned this time for self and action as God led.  Now it is time to trust in presence rather than what has worked for me in the past.

So may it be.






  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your story and/or respond to mine.