Where does inspiration lie? Everywhere!

This is my attempt to pounce on and then shape the words I breathe.

Please join me with your comments and make this a dialogue . . . and visit Susan's Poetry!

Monday, November 23, 2015

Saturday! Sunday! Monday! Healthy!


Buddha sends love to all beings.

I've been cultivating Metta, sometimes for me, sometimes for others, with a little casual "why don't I close my eyes now and meditate" thrown in.   I love it all, though I am aware that my meditations are still brief enough to be laughable to Those Who Meditate.  Yet it is helping me.  

Yesterday, for example, I went to two Meetings for Worship--Upper Dublin in the morning and West Philadelphia in the afternoon.  When sitting became painful--because with the driving I actually sat with little relief from 9:15 until 2:45--5 hours!--I found that a brief meditation helped me to re-compose my body so that the right skeletal parts, muscles, and nerves were working together more efficiency.

Add the breath to that too and you have a much healthier Susan.  A pain-controlled Susan. Imagine that!  I've got 3 bottles of 600 proof Ibuprofen that I just may be able to throw out.  For the last 2 months I have only taken Lyrica and Tylenol.  

Physical Therapy is hard, but I like it a lot.  I feel my core muscles getting stronger and beginning to take over instinctively.  I've got a long way to go.

But I feel that I have the tools to get there.

Sooo.  Will this post seem irrelevant to me some day like so many journals I've written in my life?  Possibly, but now I want to remember how it feels to get hope from small personal moves and experience how healing strengthens me for facing the devastation of terrorism and inhumanity around the entire world.   Meditating helps me to notice the kindness that is also working around the entire world.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your story and/or respond to mine.