Where does inspiration lie? Everywhere!

This is my attempt to pounce on and then shape the words I breathe.

Please join me with your comments and make this a dialogue . . . and visit Susan's Poetry!

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Finding Metta (noun) = loving kindness, the Buddhist virtue of kindness; also called maitri


Taking a full morning to ready myself and read all the pages about the importance of Stage One: Cultivating Metta Toward Yourself, I came across this statement and felt great that I had discovered this myself:

flowers
"When I use the phrase 'May I be well, may I be happy, may I be free from suffering,' I like to drop each part of the phrase in separately, as if it were an individual flower. I drop in 'May I be well,' and then pause for a complete breath to watch for the ripples in my emotions. Then I say 'May I be happy,' and pause again to feel any effect from the phrase. Then I do the same with 'May I be free from suffering.' "  

Amanda Kemp's post meditation glow 
with Jake the compassionate lab.

          I am grateful to Amanda for valuing and extending this practice as part of her mission to change the world.  I've got to persist because it is working!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your story and/or respond to mine.