Where does inspiration lie? Everywhere!

This is my attempt to pounce on and then shape the words I breathe.

Please join me with your comments and make this a dialogue . . . and visit Susan's Poetry!

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Love Your Enemies

Illustration from the Harvard Humanist


Matthew:43 "You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.'44 "But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.…


Learning the power of Love to transform enemies is my study this year as I join others in trying to undo systematic racism within the Religious Society of Friends.  Systematic Racism is my Enemy.

I was suprised to discover that white supremacy underlies my/our obliviousness to the discomfort and hurt of friends of color within the meetings and processes of Quakers.  

I will write more on this as way opens.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your story and/or respond to mine.